Sunday, February 12, 2006

It ain't me you looking for...

Lots to blog about today. Yesterday is soooo funny. Okay before the funny part, I'd like to talk about something else. My Mom's departure to Manado yesterday is really significant to me. It's the first time in 20 years that she returned to her home town area. My father has always been very protective of her and, I think, sort of easily influenced by my Grandma. Well, I assumed this through the things that my Mom has been telling me. I used to think that her confessions are truth as a whole, but lately, I've been noticing that sometimes she overreacts and exaggerates over certain things. So anyway, our gambling has paid off. When purchasing the ticket, my Mom still didn't know whether she'll eventually make it for the trip. Only after much encouragement from me that she finally purchased the ticket. She was scared that my Father would prevent her from going back, or that he would tag along with her. You see, based on my experience, my father likes to ruin our plans and mood. Intentionally or unintentionally, I don't know. I still cannot forget how he sorta ruined my mood during the New Year celebration in Disneyland. Through the experience I have with my parents so far, I can conclude that, both of my parents sort of have mood swings easily. I'm really really happy for my Mother. I'm not sure why, but she doesn't dare to speak her mind to my Dad. Communication breakdown. I sincerely hope this occasion will help her to learn something. I sure have learnt a lot from her. Especially about ________ *lmao*

Anyway, let's talk about the fun part. I met up with Steph Ng yesterday in Cine to eat Subway in Cineleisure. Cineleisure is damn crowded with Singapore Idols audition participants and people visiting the Lime flea market. The flea market didn't turn bad at all. If you are a petite kind of girl, you will be able to find a lot of nice stuff there. Sadly, I don't have that kind of body *haha* Sometimes, I really hate my bulging stomach. Better do more sit-ups *lol* Then my Mom will stop saying about it. Anyway, I managed to get this cute Chatterbox T-shirt in the flea market for free. Somebody from Meritus Mandarin Hotel passed it to me. It's damn cute!! *lol* The chicken on the tee looks so spastic.

Being a great fan of Ewan McGregor and Christian Bale, Steph and I decided to watch this DVD which starred both of them in my house. Despite the one who bought the DVD, I forgot that Jonathan Rhys-Meyer is also in the movie. The movie is awful and, in one word, gross. Our favourite actors are gays in that show *lol* Jonathan Rhys-Meyers is especially gay! Okay.. gay in capital letters. GAY. Both of us couldn't stop laughing at the early scene where Jon was wearing a really tight stage costume and then, out of the blue, shook his butt gayly. Oh my gawd, that guy could really act *lmao* Thinking that scene until now makes me can't stop laughing. There are lots of explicit scenes in the show, which really grossed both of us out. We can't stop hiding behind my FiRST magazine. The first time we use the magazine, it turned to Brokeback Mountain page. So coincidental *lol* Anyway, later I turned it to Walk The Line page (Joaquin!! *shrieks*) By the way, Ewan McGregor, as I have thought previously, is not that innocent. He strips his pants, and has no undies during one scene of the concert. Our first reaction was "Oh my GAWD!" and then we hid behind the magazine immediately. The show really freaked us out. I think we're corrupted by the show. The movie had changed our perceptions for Christian and Ewan. Anyway, I still think Christian is still hot and sexy! *lmao* I still can't believe that in US, 17 years old can watch that show with their parents tagging along. What the....? Sigh, the rest of yesterday is hilarious. I shall keep it to myself.. teehee.

Today I watched Walk The Line with Steph and Mos!! So happy... I thought that I'm not going to be able to find Steph and Mos in Lido, since I didn't bring my handphone. Thankfully I eventually did. Mos, thank you once again!!! =D =D The show is good as a whole (it's reviewed below). Even though Joaquin's not hot there. He acted really well with Reese Witherspoon. After hearing the original duet singing of "Time's A Wastin'", I thought that Joaquin and Reese's duet are better. Anyway, just my opinion. I love both the original and movie version's of "Ring of Fire". I almost cried at the part where Johnny proposed to June Carter on stage. I think the way the movie shows that scene is really beautiful, especially when John held June over him. I absolutely love that poster of Walk The Line.

Oh ya, before I forgot, I can't believe that the Drama Elective Programme in my school studied Joaquin Phoenix's acting method. I was excited to hear that until I head that the programme catagorises him as a method actor. What the.....? Joaquin had said something that kind of emphasise that he doesn't do method acting. The quote was related to filming Walk The Line, I think. No wonder the DEP teacher metioned his name during the DEP introductory lecture, albeit mispronouncing his name (it's wah-keen!!). I don't want to name my son Joaquin already.. *lol* I don't mind Rafael though.

I tried one nice top in Topshop. I never thought that I could look that sexy *lol* I love it!!!!! I like the balloon skirt as well, but it's rubber-strapped, so I don't think I'll buy it.
Anyway, off to do my homework. Later :)

p.s. I'm still obsessed with that topless Joaquin picture. I've printed it yesterday night *rofl* Here's the full version of the pic :)
The gap at the centre is the folding of the magazine. That look of his face just melts my heart *lol*
----

Movie Review
Walk The Line (7.5 stars out of 10)
WARNING: this review might be biased *lmao*
The movie is really enjoyable. I thought that Reese and Joaquin's acting are fantastic. They really deserve their Oscar nominations. I still can't believe that Joaquin could act really drunk and mad. I'm not sure why, but I found myself tapping along to the songs they sing to. The story's really touching. It potrays how much a man and a woman can really love each other. The length of the Biopic is just right. It's not as draggy as the Aviator. To those who love watching quality movies, I strongly recommend this show :)

No comments: