Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Swim to my heart's content...

... or most probably not *lol* The first ever swimming lesson today. It's very malu-ating that the girls and boys have to do swimming sessions together today. Since it's the first lesson, I'm still kinda confused on what stuff to bring and whether to come to the swimming pool wearing a P.E. t-shirt over my swimming attire. And the best thing is.. I forgot to bring my goggles *screams* Luckily, my classmate, Li Min, was really nice and she lent me her goggles from time to time. Thank you, Li Min! After being categorised to different groups (I'm in intermediate, there are advanced and some other higher level groups), we have to do some laps of breast strokes and some other exercises. The P.E. finished 15 minutes before the bell rang. However, I still had no time to properly shower and was 20 minutes late for my GP class *_* Fortunately, the teacher was kind... ahahaha.

The rest of the school day is boring. Anyway, after school today, I met up with Jessica, my darling *lmao*. I was 15 minutes' late, and we watched "Broken Flowers" (reviewed below). And then, like some other occasions, I managed to glimpse the giant cardboard cutout outside Cineleisure Level 6 of Walk The Line, with my handsome Joaquin there *smiles* I really can't wait for 9th February!!! That's the day when Walk The Line is opening!! So many things to look forward to in February, hehehe.

Anyway, no more P.E. this week (Hallelujah).. and can't wait to get lots of ang paos during Chinese New Year.. heheheh ^-^

Later.

-------

Movie Reviews
Broken Flowers (6.5 stars out of 10)
The movie is so-so. Bill Murray's acting really reminds me of his role in Lost in Translation. The style of film, in my opinion, is almost the same to Lost in Translation, just that I thought Lost in Translation was far more stylish. The pace of the movie was rather slow too. After watching Before Sunset (which is reviewed below), the ending is not that really shocking to me. (It's called open interpretation.. haha).


Before Sunset (7.0 stars out of 10)
Before I start reviewing, I'd like to warn that some people will find this movie very very very very very boring. There are seldom any changes in the point of view of the camera. It's basically two people talking talking talking. The thing that I love about this movie is the dialogue. They are very well constructed and meaningful. For the first 20- 25 minutes, I thought that I'll never finish watching the movie. But I started to like the movie once I began to take the movie from a different approach. I found the last part quite amusing.. *lol* Anyway, the ending might confused some people. After thinking about it, I thought it's a rather appropriate ending to the story.



No comments: