Saturday, January 21, 2006

Another entry for today.. hmm.

3 in a day.. hahahaha. Anyway, I feel that I'd have to do this sooner or later. From time to time, I'd like to review some things, whether it's a movie or cd or concert (and the list goes on). Anyway, before I begin reviewing movies, here are some explanation on my taste for movies.

The profile of a movie aficionado:
  • I love independent, foreign and small-budget movies
  • I love dramas (not that other drama)
  • I'm very emotional and so tend to cry in movies (halo, I cried watching Doreamon's movie version when I was small *lol*)
  • My maximum boredom quota is about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours (I derived this through watching "The Aviator", which thankfully was saved by Leonardo DiCaprio's performance. No more Martin Scorscese movies please!)

Disclaimer:
When one of my handsomes (or many) star in a movie, my review might be biased *lol*

-------

Here we go, the reviews of movies (in theatre or dvds) that I've watched this year so far:

1. The Constant Gardener (7.0 stars out of 10)
As the movie ends, you'll realise how touching this movie is ^^ I almost cried... Ehm, I don't really get why some people said that Rachel Weisz's performance is very fantastic and that she should won Oscar for it. Maybe it's only me.

2. In Her Shoes (7.5/10)
I like how well funny moments and 'boring' moments are interweaved in this movie, making it not boring at all. Some touching moments too. I cried, but the reason is obviously shown in the movie.

3. Good Will Hunting (9.0/10)
Some people might find some parts of the movie boring. Nevertheless, when I judged the movie wholly, it's very inspiring and marvelous. Some funny moments in the movie. After watching this movie, I realised that One Hour Photo was not the first movie where Robin Williams took a serious role *pokes at my brother* I cried terribly at the end...

4. The Intepreter (6.0/10)
So-so plot. More of action-driven than I expected. I previously thought that it'd be a dramatic movie.

5. Memoirs of a Geisha (7.0/10)
Better than I expect it. Most reviews that I had read gave it 3.0/5. Zhang Ziyi's accent is okay. I didn't laugh throughout the movie (I'd most probably laugh in Walk The Line). Gong Li's performance is wonderful. However, I seriously thought that the cinematography can be so much better. They should employ the cinematographer for Hero and House of Flying Daggers *lol*

-------

Ok, that's a very very long entry. There are some dvds that I'd still like to watch soon, though I think I won't be able to watch some of them while my Mom is here. These include Talented Mr. Ripley (ImDb says some nudity) and Leon The Professional (violence and drugs).

*sigh* Gotta wake up early tomorrow..

No comments: