Saturday, November 18, 2006

Okay, I can talk about it (or them)

Hmm... so if you're still wondering which movie I watched yesterday, well since I've watched another one, I can tell it to you now. Haha, it's the Departed :D :D :D

Before I start, from now on, my blog font will be bigger :) (so that no one gets eye sore or something muahaha.. though the original font size looks okay from my server O_O)

Anyway, I'd like to do something different for this entry.... Let me recount of my experience with The Departed and Volver (that's the other show). Well, before I reached Hong Kong 2 days ago, I found out last week that there is the possibility that both shows will still be played in Hong Kong when I reached there. Well, thankfully 1 or 2 theatres are still playing them when I reach here.




Before watching the shows
Which of the two movies do you look more forward to in Hong Kong?
Well, it'll be Volver. This is probably due to me having accepted the fact that I'll never catch The Departed in the theare ever.

Why are you interested in both movies?
The Departed: because of good reviews and of course Leonardo DiCaprio haha.
Volver: Good reviews (especially for Penelope Cruz's acting)

Which of the two movies do you think will be better?
Well, I thought the Departed will be much better. Maybe it's because the movie reaches more masses than Volver does, hence the higher number of good reviews for the Departed.

Do you think Leonardo DiCaprio is handsome?
Err duh. Haha. In a matured manner.

Do you think Penelope Cruz is pretty?
I think she's so so haha.

If you have to choose watching between the two movies, which one will you choose?
Volver. (I've accepted over Departed's M18 rating.)


After watching the shows

Which of the two movies do you enjoy mored?
Hmm, surprisingly it's Volver. Well, both movies are good, but I thought Volver leaves more lasting impression than the Departed. However, both movies are still worth watching.

Did Martin Scorscese butcher Infernal Affairs?
Nope. Actually he makes the story more complex and gives more layers to the characters. I guess you'll understand the personality of the characters more.

Which one is better then: Infernal Affairs or The Departed?
Hmm, if you're the kind of person who like more direct story, then it'll be Infernal Affairs. More hours and more complex plot? The Departed. Sorry I still can't decided which one I like more. I think it's better to let the two movies stand on their own.

Is the M18 rating justified?
Nope actually. I don't think the HK version is censored or anything. I don't know, I thought the level of violence is okay. Just some shootings on the head of some people haha.

What makes Volver so special?
The twists of the story is one. I think the revelation towards the end of the movie is kinda surprising and makes you understand certain events in the movie. Penelope's acting, I have to agree, is superb. Hmm, I heard this movie is one of the more tame ones by Pedro Almodovar. (Bad Education anyone?)

Which movies would you recommend?
Both. Please go and see both of them.

What do you think of Leonardo DiCaprio and Penelope now?
Well, my level of craziness of Leo will not shoot up. Haha he doesn't look that astonishingly handsome haha.. more of rugged kind. Penelope... I think she's pretty now.


More tomorrow. The Clubhouse is closing :(

No comments: