Saturday, November 25, 2006

Hello World

Hello. This past few days have been rather okay. Nothing significant happened.

I'm glad that I'll be returning to Singapore next week. Not 6 december. That will be way too long. Though it means that I'll miss The Science of Sleep... I really want to watch that show! :( I don't think it'll ever make it to Singapore *thinks of Gael Garcia Bernal haha*

I'm not surprised that this round of trip would not yield much shopping purchase. Besides the DVDs (about 8 in total?), I only managed to get 2 bags, and just today a pair of jeans haha. Okay I should be thankful that I got something at least :)

There are a few stuff which I like while looking through some shops. Some tops from Mango, and a pair of pants-cum-skirt which I saw in French Connection haha. It was sooooo cute. Though the price doesn't really make sense. So I shall wait for sale (as usual).

Finally I found a shop (or more of a booth actually) that sells cult jeans in Hong Kong (eg. True Religion, Paper Denim, Blue Cult.) The price... let me say... is amazing. Haha.

I watched my first ever Alfred Hitchcock show yesterday, which is titled Vertigo. It also becomes the oldest movie I've ever watched thus far. Anyway, it was terrific. Something different from the modern films that I've been watching lately (well, excluding Manhattan, which is a Woody Allen movie). It was kinda scary.. haha. Not horror kind of scary.. more of suspense.

(Both Manhattan and Vertigo are reviewed below).

Let me ask you (to girls only), do you prefer to have 1) smaller frame but shorter height or 2) more curvacious frame but taller height ----> harder to find clothes haha.

I found out that Kanye West concert in Hong Kong will be held near my house O_o Like 10 minutes walk haha. Sadly I would have left Hong Kong on the same day. I wonder if I could hear the singing from my flat. (The distance is a bit more than the distance between my SG house and Ashlee Simpson concert venue). Some construction has started on the place (it's outdoor, open-spaced, with the beautiful backdrop of Hong Kong Island).

More later :)

PS Can't wait for the big football clash tomorrow... if only I can watch it for sure.

PPS Eh, found out from a magazine that one Adidas outlet in Causeway Bay sold the same jacket worn by Robbie Williams jacket in the Rudebox cover. How interesting.
-------------------------

Movie Reviews
Manhattan (6.5 stars out of 10)
I guess I have a too high expectation for this movie. Too high I guess. It falls short of my expectation. Some people said that it's one of the best Woody Allen's works. Well, I kinda disagreed. I found the plot cliche and rather draggy. Well, at least I can appreciate the beautiful cinematography of this movie. This movie is shot in Black and White (it's a 1979 movie by the way). There's one scene which I will never forget. I'll show you the picture another day.

Vertigo (8.0 stars out of 10)
Well, let me say that this is the prime example of how important is score and sound effects in suspense/thriller movie. The plot is interesting, with lots of character development and twist. It's thankfully not as eerie as I expected haha (though I'm still not ready to watch Psycho haha). Ehm, I learn a lot about filming techniques from this movie. I guess this movie really stands out from other movies that I've watched thus far. If you're a movie buff, well this movie is a must watch. True classic (oh, classic is also the iconic staircase zoom shot haha).

No comments: