Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Finally..

The following conversation has been translated from Indo haha.
Olivia: "Mommy, see what I win from MTV!"

Mother: "Eh, Leonardo. Ha, that's all you win from MTV?"


Ai yohhh why is her reaction so anti-climax? The 3 posters are super big, gigantic, humongous (spelling?), titanic (ahaha). I don't think I'll paste it to my wall just like that. I'll frame it. The posters are the double-sided ones. Double-sided= Super Expensive in real life. There is this movie memoribilia shop in Esplanade and Suntec City called "Popcorn" which sells high-quality posters. Double-sided posters are sold $35 each there. So, I think if ever I decide to sell the posters (which is very unlikely), I'll be able to fetch $100 at least hahaha. Since I'm not gonna hang the posters at the moment, I shall paste the other movie posters first. If you're wondering which Departed movie posters they are, they are the ones hang in the Singapore bus stops. The individual posters of Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon and (ehem ehem) Leonardo Dicaprio. I'm especially excited to hang up the Leonardo poster *ahh..*


Oh ya, speaking of Leonardo, I dreamt of him last night hahaha. I dreamt that he was my classmate (in real life he's already 32, so this will never happen in real life) and then he gave me a fish tank full of sea creatures for me to take care of haha. Why fish tank? I don't know. Spongebob Squarepants?


Spongebob Squarepants lead me to think of Nickelodeon, which shares office with MTV in Singapore hehe. The MTV office is sooooo cool. I think every receptionist wannabe should dream of working there. I went to the previous MTV office before in Tanjong Pagar. At first, when I looked at the lobby of the building where the new MTV office is located (it's beside Dhoby Ghaut MRT), I thought I won't be as nice as the previous office. Turns out that I was wrong. It was sleek cool and very modern. Ahh, if ever I can work on MTV.


You know like last week I was talking to my Mom on whether I should try to work in Disneyland during the long break after As. Well, I was so determined that I went to check out the job requirements in the HK Disneyland website. I was extremely disappointed when I found out that every job required you to be fluent in basic Cantonese. Ahhh... so sad. Le hoi! (hahahah, don't know how to type that). All I can say properly in Cantonese is the question of where is the toilet haha. I guess the Disneyland visitors would be asking me that if I ever work in Disneyland HK.


I watch the Prestige (again) with Emma today. Ahh, Christian Bale is so hot :D :D :D Though he didn't go topless or anything hahaah (unlike Hugh Jackman... somebody must be happy). Anyway, the Prestige posters are out of stock in the Cathay box office. Sigh. No tearing of poster haha. Then we went to Plaza Singapura and went to Times Bookshop, because the Prestige poster on its front glass wall caught our eyes. It said something like if you purchase the book, you'll get the premium. We didn't realise that the cover of the book is displayed in the details beside the poster, until one of the bookshop assistants point out to us where the Prestige books are. Oh my gosh. The cover of the book is soooooooo frickin' (excuse me) ugly. It's horrendous and doesn't do justice to the book. I've seen the book with another far more nice cover. So in the end, I didn't purchase the book. Though I was quite tempted too seeing a Prestige poster being rolled up behind the cashier haha. The poster is a double-sided one too. Sigh.

I watched Silence of the Lambs 3 days ago. It is reviewed below. I've borrowed from Emma 2 Monty Python movies. I will see if they are as lame or lamer than Airplane! Hahaha.

Oh ya, I didn't realise this until Emma said this. You'll get why I smile every time I thought of it. She said, "I know why you want to watch the Prestige over and over again. It's because Bale keeps saying 'I love you, Olivia'". Hahahaha... I seriously never thought of that O_O

Later folks!
--------------------

Movie Review
Silence of the Lambs (8.0 out of 10 stars)
I would honestly said that this is one of the best movies I've ever watched. But it's not the kind of the movie which I'll watch over and over again (like say Life is Beautiful or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind). This movie is very character-driven. It is scary, but not a horror kind of scary. It's more of a psychological thriller. Anyway, I like how the plot layers the characters and moves the movie forward. I don't know why, until now, I can still imagine in my head the part where Anthony Hopkin's character Hannibal said "I ate the liver of a census man with a chiati.." blah blah.. and then he made this very funny sound and expression. It just freaks me out. Anyway, to movie buffs out there, I'd strongly recommend you to watch this show. (However, do not show this to kids, or else they may be traumatised particularly by a scene, like someone haha).

No comments: