Wednesday, November 08, 2006

More Artistic Satisfaction

Today I went to visit some venues of the Singapore Biennale 2006. I went around with Serene, Sabrina and Peggy. After visiting some of the more isolated sites myself yesterday, I went to City Hall and Tanglin Camp again.

Let me begin by recollecting yesterday's experience. Having nothing to do and no one other than myself living at my house currently (yes, my mom has decided to take a course in Hong Kong), I went to Waterloo Street, Queen Street and the Sultan Mosque in Bugis. Hmm, let me say that some of the art installations are interesting. However, I left home a bit late, and so the installations in St. Joseph and St. Peter and Paul churches are alrea
dy closed. I shall visit those churches again one of these coming days (cause the Singapore Biennale will be finishing on this Sunday, 12 Nov. And.. some of the sites will have Friday as their last day of exhibition). I must say as of yesterday, the most memorable exhibitions are those in Sculpture Square (where there are lots of broken ceramics on the floor), a Hindi temple near Sculpture Square (can't remember the name >.<>

Today I found some more memorable artworks in Tanglin Camp (it's accessible through the shuttle buses available for the Singapore Biennale period). Hmm, one of the most interesting ones are one where there is a mic in the room and it faces to a wall pasted with a giant picture of japanese ladies screaming. You know those kind of if you see an idol and then you'll scream. Those kind of scream. Not like Ju-on kind of scream. Anyway, you're supposed to speak into the mike. The louder you speak into the mike, the louder the women will scream for you haha. So, I jokingly said to the mike, "Am I pretty?" And of course they screamed for me haha. I guess it's very good to raise one's self-esteem.

Oh here's some pictures of the displays.


Another of my favourite art installation. One of the most beautiful and artistic room I have ever seen.



In one of the art installations. It feels like I'm in an igloo O_O With Sabrina


The metal structure thing behind Cineleisure which I overlooked haha.


Oh yeah, if you're visiting some of Singapore Biennale venues partly because of the badge collection, the badges are already out of stock in City Hall and Tanglin Camp. The isolated places still have them though.

Later dudes :)

No comments: