Sunday, September 03, 2006

Rest, my legs.

Oh my gawd... my legs are really aching now :s I was out for the whole day today. I met Tomatoe this morning to catch the Devil Wears Prada. The movie doesn't really live up to my expectation (It is reviewed below).

You know speaking of book adaptations, which movies based on books do you like best? I thought the Notebook was good, though they altered the plot. There are some movies based on book adaptations that I'm looking forward to. One would be P.S. I Love You, with Hillary Swank confirmed in the role of Holly so far (hmm, I wonder how she'll perform in that role, I never expected that she would be selected for that role. Can't remember who I imagine Holly to look like). The second one will be The Time Traveller's Wife. I absolutely love this book! One day I should read this book again haha. Hmm.. for this one, the movie development has been bumpy though. The director recently dropped out. So it remains to be seen who will the new directors and of course the actors be. The last one will be the Lovely Bones. This one should turn out good, since it will be directed by Peter Jackson.

Ehm, guess what? I saw 3 Prestige displays in Cine *shrieks in excitement* Though there's only one where you can really see Christian Bale's face haha and I saw that one the last. At first I was kinda sad since I was curious how he looks like. Ehm to tell you the truth, he looks ok. Not very hot or sexy haha. Normal. Anyway, seeing one is better than not being able to see his face on the display.

I can't wait for the movie to open!

Oh.. and Little Miss Sunshine will open on either the last week of September or first week of October. So exciting :D

I must save up a lot of money also for films haha. Quite a number of films coming out on the last 3 months of the year that I'd like to watch.

Then we went to walk around Wisma Atria. Oh oh, I decided to strike out some of the items of my shopping list. The items in bold are the newly added ones..

A pair of shoes from Pazzion, $60 something

A pair of flat sandal from Charles and Keith, $25

A pair of Elle sandals, $70 something I think
(I'm getting my old sandals again :D This one will most probably be fully covered by my Mom haha)

A pair of Charles and Keith Wedge, around $30
(not urgent need)

A pair of Nine West sandals, $75
(haha 50% off. These sandals are beautiful. It's stilletto hehe. Hopefully I'll have enough determination to save up that much of money.. and that the sandals will still have stock by then. Come what may)

Topshop jeans, $80 something I think (on 2nd thought, with its straight cut, the jeans makes my thighs look big. I'm still searching for jeans of that colour though)

A pair of earrings from Topshop, $7 (took a closer look at the earrings, quality not as good as expected)

A pair of earrings from Topshop, $16 (waiting for the price to be reduced in the future)

A zara v-neck top, $40 something


Hahaha... the total is still around $200 :( Let me sort out my priorities.

Oh ya, I'll be going to Hong Kong after the promo exam for four days yay! Hopefully I can shop a lot haha (fingers crossed) and that the weather will be nice to me.

So, in the evening, I went to Feast Day of Our Mother of Perpetual Help (St. Mary) in Novena Church with my Mom (haha, spiritual feast is what Tomatoe calls it). The number of people who turned up is incredible. About 3 to 4 thousand people O_o Then I stand up for almost 3 hours. I was wearing my short heels (bad idea, but couldn't help it since I don't have flat sandals haha). The experience is so much worse than standing for about 2 hours for rock concert haha. At least I made it :) It kind of an enjoyable, enriching experience :) Hmm... whether I'll come to next year's feast day it will remain to be seen.

I only studied 3 pages of Geography today :( Let me rest early today, so that I can wake early tomorrow to study.

Later dudes.

-------
Movie Review
The Devil Wears Prada (6.5 stars out of 10)
To people who has read the book, don't keep your expectation too high on the movie. To people who plans to read the book before watching the show, don't read it yet. Ehm.. I thought this movie will be sooo much better. I found Anne Hathaway's character rather dull and sucky. The worst of all characters I think. I don't know why, but I felt that the same character in the book is more interesting, compared to the one in movie, though some critics would disagree with this. Anyway, Meryl Streep's performance is a killer. She really suits the role of a demanding boss! I thought Emily Blunt's character is also funny haha. Oh ya be warned to those who have read the book, the ending is different, and it sucks. Hmm one thing that I really like from the show is the costumes. I think a lot of girls would kill to have the costumes (not the job hahaha).

No comments: