Saturday, August 12, 2006

Visually Satisfied

Hello people. I've just come back from Esplanade, for the Singapore Fireworks Festival. The fireworks chereography done by the France team is astonishingly beautiful. Me and Tomatoe thought of the idea of dragging our dinner in Ichiban Boshi, which faces Marina Bay where they shot the fireworks from, until after 9 pm. And we succeeded haha. We went into the restaurant at about 8.15 pm and came out at 9.30 haha. If we didn't catch it from Ichiban Boshi, I think we would have died of suffocation watching the fireworks outside. The Esplanade area facing the Marina Bay is extremely full. It's kinda amusing when you looked down from Ichiban Boshi, and you see majority of the people lighting up their handphones. It's like a sea of blue screens haha. And then if you looked to your right from Ichiban Boshi, you see a number of people leaning against the window in front of the Recital Studio to catch the fireworks hahaa. Such an interesting experience.

Oh, in the end I got the nodding sideway thing haha. She likes it. When I told her about the Tomato plush toy, she said she would have killed me if I got that instead for her. Haha.

You know when we're walking through City Link towards City Hall MRT, the number of crowd is appalling. Lots of them. LOTS OF THEM.
I don't know what word to use to describe it. Well first of all, this is the first time I saw such a large crowd in Singapore. It's sooo much worse than the passageway between Wisma and Ngee Ann. It's nothing comparable to that. It's like 10x or 20x worse than that. I think it's as bad as the Hong Kong crowd during New Year period (though it wasn't that bad, since the weather was quite cold haha). Hmm... so in the end me and Tomatoe decided to take bus instead to Somerset. And then her mother picked us up from Phoenix Hotel.

Such a maddd world.

You know speaking of Mad World, there's this song in Donnie Darko that has the title "Mad World". And it's very very nice. Today, I decided to find the video in YouTube... and I found it! It's super super super nice! Here's the video.


The video is by Michel Gondry. Who is a great, great, great music video director. Well, he's my favourite music director haha. If one day I decided to become a music video director, then it will be because of him haha. Lots of his music videos (and commercials) in YouTube. And oh ya by the way, he's the director of Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind. Ahh.

The song is very nicee. I love the background (obviously because it's piano-based). The lyrics of the song is nice as well. I especially love the line "The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had".


Speaking of music video director, I found out an interesting fact today about the Fatboy Slim video for "Praise You". It was directed by Spike Jonze, who is Sofia Coppola's ex husband. I only found out today that the lead dancing guy in that video is HIM. Hahahahahaha. He has to wear fake beard and moustache and dances like a mad man hahahaha. I mean Spike Jonze doesn't look that bad, but from the "dressed-up" look that I remembered of him during MTV Video Music Awards (of some year) he looooked some completely different haha. This is really amusing. Oh and that the video is shot spontaneously, "guerilla style" hahaa. No permission taken to shoot it in the theatre haha.



Enough blabbering for today I guess. Oh the lyrics for "Mad World" is below. You should check it out ;)

Later, Olivia

------------------
All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going no where, going no where
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find I kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell youI find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very very
Mad world, mad world

Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy birthday, happy birthday
And I feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen, sit and listen
Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me, no one new me
Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson
Look right through me, look right through me.

No comments: