Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's just a coincidence, isn't it?

Today, one of the strangest thing in my life happens. I went to Toa Payoh for photoshooting, and to my astonishment, some areas of it really resembles the scenes in which two of my dreams take place. First of all, when I saw the bus terminal, I was really surprised, since it really looks like a scene in my dream. In that dream, there was an exhibition going on in what I think is a shopping centre. The bus terminal really looks like the ground floor of that shopping centre O_O. And then... in the HDB hub, there was another suprise. The lobby is EXACTLY the same as a scene in another dream of mine. In that dream, I visited that place to collect my 'O' level results haha. I was really really shocked when I realised that I've been to HBD hub in my dream, unknowingly haha. Then... back to my first dream, there's a passageway in the HDB hub which reminds me of a passageway of the shopping centre. While the passageway in real life leads to many shops, the passageway in my dream only leads to a shop. It's like a shop in the building's backyard haha. This is sooooooooooooooooooooo weird.

I've seen a lot of nice trailers recently. Some movies that I'd like to watch:
1. Little Miss Sunshine
2. The Quiet
3. The Fountain
4. Monster's House
5. Black Dahlia
6. The Departed (to see if it's good and compare it with Infernal Affairs)
7. Children of Men
8. Charlotte's Web
.
.
9. The Prestige (How could I forget this haha)

Well, some of the movies are indie. Which means that they will most probably take a looong time to be released in Singapore. Since there are not any good movies now, other than Lake House which I plan to watch, I shall save the money to watch movies at the end of the year and the beginning of next year hehe.

I want to watch Hard Candy, but it's M18 :(

(Trailers available in Yahoo! Movies and Apple Trailers) Btw, I prefer Apple trailers haha.. I love Quicktime! Windows Media Player, you suck.

I almost forgot about another amusing event today. When I told my friends that I planned not to come to school on 8 August (because of National Day celebration), they asked me why. Then I said, "I want to pon lah!" To my amusement, everyone's eyes went wide and they all were like saying, "Ha, since when Olivia pon?" I was like HAHAHAHA. Everybody had the same shock expression when they found out about it hahaha. Watching their expressions really make me laugh.

I'm thrilled that Nolan has been confirmed to direct the Batman sequel ^^ And... to my delight, Heath Ledger has been cast as Joker. Hmm.. interesting choice. I wonder how the movie will turn out.

Hmm.. I watched Pirates of the Carribean last Sunday. It turns out good :) (and is reviewed below)

My term exam results suck. I so need to buck up.

Cheers, Olivia.
-------
Movie Reviews
Pirates of the Carribean: The Dead Man's Chest (7.0 stars out of 10)
Hmm... this movie turns out pretty good, one of the better movies I've seen this year. There are some memorable funny scenes in the movie. The fruit scene is particularly hilarious haha. The film becomes draggy towards the end though. Anyway, Johnny Depp's acting is superb. I just love how he really acts like a drunkard all the time haha.

No comments: