Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Something...

2 days ago, I realised that my HK apartment complex has only 5 buildings, despite having up to Tower 6. So, the towers that exist in my complex is tower 1,2,3,5 and 6. When asked, my father said that 4 in cantonese sounds like the word "death". How interesting.

I went to HMV yesterday to check out some DVDs. Arghh... now I'm kinda sad that I'm not 21 or at least 18 years of age. There are some DVDs that I'd like to get in the future.

1. The Clockwork Orange (which, I read, is overly violent and graphic)
2. Requiem for a Dream (drugs, drugs, drugs and some other graphic sequences too)
3. American Psycho (crazy amount of violence, and some nudity)
4. Traffic (might consider buying, since it's not too wild for my age)


I watched Kill Bill Vol 1 when I was about 15, 2 years ago. I found it rather okay, albeit its rather over-the-top violence. Kill Bill Vol 1 was rated R(A) in Singapore, which I feel is the right rating. I checked in IMDb for rating of the movies above.

1. The Clockwork Orange -banned in 1970s
2. Requiem for a Dream -R(A)
3. American Psycho -R(A)
4. Traffic -M18

Hmm... except for Traffic, I think I'm not ready for the rest of the DVDs yet. Especially Clockwork Orange. I think I'll stick to reading its book first haha. I don't want any more movies that will give me nightmares. There is one part of Crash which gave me nightmare 2 days ago. Weird.

Oh ya, I've bought Walk The Line soundtrack! I've not listened to it yet though. Just did some checking yesterday. The only CD system in my house is the DVD player, which has surround system. Hence, there's no way for me to listen to the CD discretely, without my parents knowing about it. Unless I'm left alone at home. Haha.

I watched the Pianist two days ago, and it was really good. I thoroughly enjoy it :) (It's reviewed below).

I went to Mango yesterday, and there were some nice stuff which I hope to get, whether it's during sale season or not. I saw some nice white shorts! *excited* Yesterday I went to visit this shopping complex, iFC mall, which is located beside the tallest building in Hong Kong, one (or two) iFC tower. I am always confused between the two towers haha.

Why are the Bossini stores in Hong Kong playing Jack Johnson songs? (I've found 3 stores which do so, so far..)

Arghh... yesterday I ate one of the most disgusting things I've ever eaten in my life. Duck's heart. I didn't know that it is duck's heart when I ate it. After finding it hard to chew that my father told me it's duck's heart. DUCK's HEART. I felt like puking on the spot. Duck's heart. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. At least the snake soup (!) in that shop is eatable (I'm can't believe I'm eating my own kind... though honestly I've never liked them haha).
My mom said that eating snake is good for your skin. What the.........? I'd rather eat tons of Avocado and Salmon to have great skin than snakes. Luckily, before the dinner, I bought some bottles of Yakult. And so after the frightful meal, I drank one glass of Yakult. I felt so much better obviously.

I want a sunny weather in Hong Kong!!

Later =)
----
Movie Review
The Pianist (8.0 out of 10 stars)
I really love the cinematography of this movie! It really really blows me away. Never thought that I'll get a great cinematography from the movie. Adrien Brody's acting was superb. Even though he said only a few words towards the ending of the picture, his actions and expressions really bring great depth to the character. By the way, he looks rather convincing while playing the piano. Does he really learn how to play the piano? I love the pacing of the movie. Despite the length of 2 hours and something minutes, I didn't feel bored in any parts of the show. Great, great movie! Highly recommended.



No comments: