Monday, May 29, 2006

Cinema-hopping

Helloo, so I watched 2 movies with Steph yesterday, "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "Good Night, and Good Luck". In two different cinemas haha. (Both movies are fantastic in their own ways... and are reviewed below). Due to a special reason (haha) we decided to watch the movies in two different cinemas. We watched X-men in Lido Shaw Centre, while we caught Good Night in the new Cathay. You see, Good Night is only shown in the new Cathay haha, so we are forced to make our way there (by the way, this is not the special reason! haha)

Today, for no apparent reason, I thought of what it would be like if I were mad enough to cinema-hopped more than 2 cinemas. So I started thinking maybe this could be the plan:

Great Wall (Golden Village)----(shuttle bus)-->Lido Shaw Centre---(public bus)-->Cathay Cineplex at Orchard---(public bus)--->Plaza Singapura (Golden Village)---->the new Cathay

okay that is kinda enough I think... if you'd like some more cinemas...

Great Wall (Golden Village)----(shuttle bus)-->Lido Shaw Centre---(public bus)-->Cathay Cineplex at Orchard---(public bus)--->Plaza Singapura (Golden Village)---->the new Cathay--(public bus)-->Suntec City (Eng Wah)--(walk)-->Marina Square (Golden Village)

Total cost: $67.85 (weekends movie charge and has included bus fares)
Time: 14 hours (about 2 hours per movie)
If you start at 10 am in the morning, you'll end at about 4-5 am in the next morning haha. I guess midnight movies can't be helped then. Then must eat dinner and lunch in the cinema as you watched the movie haha. Okay, the plan can at least be carried out at less than a day =D

(you can add some more if you want.. haha)

If you want to visit one cinema per one cinema company...

Great Wall (Golden Village)----(shuttle bus)-->Lido Shaw Centre---(public bus)---->the new Cathay--(public bus)-->Suntec City (Eng Wah)

(again, adjust accordingly..)

So, do you think that anybody will be crazy enough to do 7-cinema-hopping in a day?

Except for Eng Wah, whose service I've never tried before, I recommend the 3 cinemas above for the other 3 cinema companies =)

Anyway, enough cinema-talking. I'd like to do a quiz.. but I guess I'll save it for the next journal haha.

Later =)
--------
Movie Review
X-Men: The Last Stand (7.0 stars out of 10)
An entertaining, action-packed movies. WARNING: some sad scenes in the movie. So if you're an emotional person (like me), bring at least a pack of tissues. In my opinion, however, there are too many outcomes and suprises in this movie, until at the end of the movie, *SPOILERS* when Magneto lost his power *SPOILERS END*, I was not surprised at all. Hmm.. in the end note, I still prefer X2.

Good Night and Good Luck (7.0 stars out of 10)
First of all, George Clooney doesn't look great here. So, the good rating is not because of him. Okay, be warned. If you're the kind of person who has short attention span for conversations, and doesn't like listening to too much conversations in movies, then this movie is not for you. Okay, let me start talking about the reasons why I like this movie. Very nice dialogue lines, and I think black and white is a perfect choice for the theme of the movie. I like the cinematography of this film tooo! It kinda inspires me to take more black and white pictures haha. David Straithan's acting is superb and his Oscar nomination was well-deserved. There are some clips in the movie which I cannot really hear properly, since the quality of the audio cannot be helped (it's the original clips of the events. oh ya. YES, this movie is based on a true story). Other than that, my attention is on the rest of the movies (and yes, I didn't fall asleep).

No comments: