Monday, June 26, 2006

Heyho!

Hello... I've not written in for a week. So here goes my update! School has sadly started :( urhhh.. I want a longer holiday so that I could spend my time relaxing more and just not thinking about school. I think I did more playing during this holiday than studying. I'm really dreading for the coming Geog exam on Friday. I'm only like 5% done with it.. arghhhh. I better use my time wisely during the two day exam breaks (yeah, I got 2 days without any exams haha, which I can use for extra studying hours). Today's exams are Chinese and GP and both of them are horrible. Chinese is typical Chinese, so I don't know whether I'd say it is ok or hard. GP.. urghhh.. I didn't write enough for the application question (you know me, when I say things, I do not exaggerate it.) Now I could only cross my fingers and hope for the best for both papers.

You know I do secretly wish that if only exam overall results are based on Maths tests only. Hahha.. I'd be damn happy =D

So, one of the World Cup teams that I supported, Netherlands, is out. It's kinda sad, though I think they could have done better in the tournament. I don't know why, but they are not as solid as I expected they would be. So the two remaining teams which I support are Germany and Spain. Both teams really play well and beautifully. Ehm.. maybe I'm secretly supporting Argentina as well (I only managed to catch them playing in the 2nd half of their match against Holland.. nonetheless they are good). It's sooooooooooo sad that Germany will be facing Argentina next. Two great teams playing each other :( Why must it be soooo early? At least I can give a sigh of relief that if ever Germany meets Spain, it would be in the Finals haha. Hopefully that will be the final.

I realised 2 weeks ago that the final of the World Cup will be on the same day as the Coldplay Concert. The match will be in the morning. Haha.. good luck to me. May I not doze off and faint during Coldplay Concert.

I watched Napoleion Dynamite and Donnie Darko (Jakee!!) last week. Both of them are from different genres, but are good and interesting in their own ways. Donnie Darko's plot may be too complex and heavy for some people though. At first, I kinda get the story, though there are some questions about the movie. Only after I read Wikipedia's entry on the movie that finally all the scenes and events in the movie makes sense to me.

I better start doing my Economics and Chinese Homework. Later dudes :)

----------------
Movie Reviews
Napoleon Dynamite (7.5 out of 10 stars)
I found the movie really amusing. And now, when I think about it, I find it even more amusing haha. The plot is very original and creative. The jokes are really hilarious. Anyone who enjoys comedy will enjoy this movie. Oh, and the soundtrack is so retro and infectious haha (you can hear them in the movie's official website). At the official website, I found a printed iron-out version of "vote for pedro" for t-shirt. I want that shirt!!!


Donnie Darko (7.5 out of 10 stars)
The plot was rather confusing at first. Only after the story is coming to an end that you will finally be able to piece the things together. The atmosphere of the movie, I find, is kinda freaky, although there are not really horror elements in the movie. Just some interesting, freaky things. I do wonder how the director manages to come up with such complicated, complex story. The layer of it is amazing. To enjoy this movie, you must pay close attention to details. Or else, you'll miss the important bits. I don't know why, but some scenes of Jake reminds me of his role in Jarhead haha. If you have watched both movies, you'll get what I mean ;)

No comments: