Sunday, June 11, 2006

Man of Constant Sorrow and Pain

Hello. It's been raining like mad in Hong Kong =( The weather really sucks haha. Nevertheless, I had been braving my way through the rain for the past few days to do some shopping haha. I had visited both Lai Chi Kok and Sham Shui Po, which are my favourite shopping haunts in Hong Kong. However, my adventure (haha) yielded very little 'harvests'. I only had bought 3 t-shirts, 1 skirt and 1 balero (I don't know really know its proper name heh), clothing-wise. Ya. That pales in comparison to my shopping trip in March, in which I managed to buy a lot of stuff haha. Anyway, better than nothing right? *tries to comfort herself*

Other stuff that I've bought:
-A mickey mouse bag
-5 or 6 DVDs

Hahahaha... -.-"

Anyway, I met Steph today haha. Did some walking with her and her family around Mong Kok. As you've probably guessed, it was raining... albeit lightly. Compared to the weather 2 days ago, it was nothing haha. The people here used the term "black rain" to describe it. I'm still not sure how to differentiate normal rain and black rain haha. The rain was so bad that the normal bus service from my apartment complex that goes to the market was temporarily suspended. Heh.

On my flight to Hong Kong, I watched a Korean film called Daisy. It was really nice haha. As usual, I cried gallons of tears haha. It's not a typical romantic story you know. If you're the kind who likes touchy romantic stuff, this movie is a must-watch haha. 2 days ago, I watched "O Brother, Where Are Thou?" It's a great movie, very hilarious.

(The movies are reviewed below)

Oh ya by the way, the SQ plane which I travelled on to Hong Kong doesn't have the Wisemen 3000 system, which means that there were only limited number of newer releases being shown, and that you can't rewind and fast forward the movie haha. Hopefully my flight home will have that system. (Or else I will rot on the airplane, since other than Daisy, I really don't know what other movies to watch.)

I'm still contemplating of buying Donnie Darko DVD. It costs HK$100, which is about S$19. I wonder if it's easy or hard to find in Indo, since if it's easy to find, I don't think I'll buy it here. I'll see how it goes..

Grr... there are no World Cup telecasts being shown on my TV (since I don't subscribe cable service in Hong Kong). My life without football during World Cup season is really weird :S

Later dudes :)
------
Movie Reviews
Daisy (7.5 out of 10 stars)
If you like watching emotional Korean movies, you must watch this movie. Be warned, you may need to bring lots of tissues. I cried madly while watching the last part of the show, cause the show ended rather tragically. The story is not that kind where boy meets girl, they fall in love, then they are not meant to be together since got some complications along the way, then complication is solved and they live happily ever after haha (adjusts accordingly). It's more complicated, which makes it nice =)

O Brother, Where Art Thou? (7.5 out of 10 stars)
The title of this journal comes from a song from this movie. This movie is very hilarious, and its plot was kinda original (except that it was inspired by The Odyssey written by Homer). The accent spoken in the movie was a bit hard to catch though, which forces me to switch on the Simplified Chinese subtitle haha (it doesn't have English subtitle). Pay attention to some details of conversations on the front part of the movie, then at the end of the movie, you'll go wahh haha. (Once you watch the movie, you'll get it.) George Clooney's character sang in the movie, sadly his voice got dubbed haha. I wonder how he sounds like singing in real life. This movie is by Coen brothers (which also did Fargo), whose comedic remake of the Ladykillers I didn't like at all. This is a far greater comedic film by them that I truly enjoy. Ah, and I like the oldies soundtrack as well haha.

No comments: