Sunday, January 27, 2008

Future

Being kept busy today finally makes me feel far better today after feeling very disoriented from knowing of Heath Ledger's death yesterday and on the day itself. Since I often frequented movie websites, most of the news for the past 2 days surrounded his death and remembrance, which made it harder to overcome the grief just like that.

I got the news the first thing in the morning of the first day after the John Robert Powers examination. The news was just surreal, too hard to believe. How could such a young, fine, talented actor just die? He is one of those actors who really have BRIGHT prospective ahead of him. A friend of mine and I were just discussing 2 days before his death of how great his performance seems to be for The Dark Knight judging from the trailers so far.

There's one period of time when there were so many deaths of old actors, producers and directors. In that period, I was like wondering how I would react if an actor of my generation of a fine caliber died. And this tragic death brought me back to the question. Well, the answer was I was sad. Strangely, because I don't even know him personally. I guess it is more of the sadness over the fact that I will not see Heath displaying his full acting potential and reaching the peak of his career. I had a strong feeling that his popularity will skyrocket after the Dark Knight. But now we'll never know whether that will happen.

This also led me to another question. So, if one of my handsomes dies tomorrow (touch wood), how will I react? Will I be overcome with soooo much grief that I would not be able to function properly for at least a day? Will I shed tears? Again I don't even know them personally, and yet these are the reactions that I could think of if they die.

It was really fortunate that Heath's short career has been wonderful of late. At least with that, many people will remember him in the best way possible.

A closure.

No comments: