Thursday, January 25, 2007

9 Days Later...

9 Days later and I still can't forget you.

Well, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not in love with anyone! It's just the Muse concert and its impact. I never expected its impact to remain this strong until now. This is the first concert where such thing happen. I still smile when I thought of it. That night is amazing. And I've never been so motivated to practice piano so much.

Oh well, let me not bore you with my ramblings about Muse haha. Much exciting things have been going on for the past week. Well, exciting in a good and bad way. After going for an official detention for latecoming two weeks ago (yes, late for school and you go for DC straight away in the evening), my Geog teacher sent me for his own DC haha for not completing the Geog homework. I seriously didn't know his expectation. I wrote very little, and instead just did some bracketing on the notes (to point out where I can find the answer). And he was unhappy with that. Sighhhh. At least now I know his expectation haha.

On a good note, a group of friends and I have decided to organise a CIP outing to Batam for the organisation of Habitat for Humanities. I was thrilled to have the proposal for it appoved today yay! Now I have to think of ways to get sponsorships and fund raising haha. We need to raise at least $3500 for 3 nights 2 days trip. The sooner we can raise the fund, the better it would be.

I'm also planning to apply to be mentors for Peer Tutoring programme! I'm planning to tutor Maths. Ahhh so exciting :D I can't wait to begin (hmm, this may sound a bit odd of me to say it haha).

Today, I watched The Painted Veil. (Review starts here)Ahhh... it's so nice :D And Edward Norton is HOT, HOT and HOT. Okay, I do admit he looks kinda awful in the first half of the show with his extremely gelled hair. But the last half of the show.. let me just say I couldn't stop smiling and sighing haha. Anyway, not speaking of Edward, The Painted Veil is a beautiful movie. It was shot at the beautiful backdrop of Chinese countryside, and I guess the backdrop makes the plot more unique and complex. I like how the story progresses, and its pace was just right. This movie truly doesn't disappoint :D I'll give it 8.0 out of 10.

Speaking of movie, I watched Midnight movie for the first time in my life during the weekend. Since my mother got a free voucher for hotel, we stayed in the hotel over the weekend. I invited one of my friends to stay for one of the nights. And then we decided to watch Babel haha. Well, it's not as straightforward as it seems. At first, we watched Red Eye on HBO and enjoyed it. We thought that after Red Eyes, Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho would be shown. Turns out it was another Psycho (with Julianne Moore and Vince Vaughn haha). So we decided to try and watch 11 pm show for Babel. But it turns out that only the front row is left. So we picked the 1.40 am slot instead haha. I was damn happy that the ticket people didn't check ID haha. So happyyy (though I'm only about 1 month away from my bday hoho). Surprisingly, the theatre was full house. I really never expected that haha.

So how was Babel?
(Review starts here) It is good, though I think it could be better in some ways. As some of you might have known, the story involves 4 countries. I found the Japanese section the most touching part. I like how it uses actions to describe the feelings of frailness and loneliness. The other sections are nice as well, though I found some parts extremely draggy, because you can kinda predict what will happen next. The cinematography is amazing as well. Rich, vivid, contrasting colours against dim settings to convey the different emotions. I had just realised today that I guess the theme for this movie shouldn't be language barrier, as marketed or as the title suggests. The movie doesn't really potray this issue I guess. Desperation would be one theme which think all the sections can relate to. 7.0 stars out of 10.

Yesterday when I was going home I finally had an idea of what I could write if ever I want to write a movie script next time. I really didn't know that the GP Mass Media reading package would have such an impact on me :P The story would involve several main characters and their lives in some sense. I feel that the issue would not be covered enough with just one character. I wouldn't say the specific issue of the script (though I'm quite surprised why there hasn't been any movies so far on the topic... maybe in the future considering one ongoing saga about it. Well, that's a major clue for you =)

I'll stop here. More next time :)

No comments: