Monday, October 23, 2006

Our Lives Revolves Around Buts.

Dilemma really gives people stress, and I just hate being put in it. So yesterday, out of the blue, an Arts Council member called to inform me that there was to be an interview today. But... (as always, there's the but) the interview would start at 6.30 pm, while I finished school at 3. Plus, I've promised Emma to watch The Prestige with her today in Vivocity. I also already cannot wait to go for Vivocity. So, I called back the person to tell her that I'd like to give up the interview.

But.... (again -.-), today The Prestige tix for 3.40 pm sold out. So sadddd.... cannot see Christian Bale again!! (oh by the way, one of my friends have been converted from Hugh Jackman to Christian Bale fan after watching the movie haha). And so, Emma and I decided to walk around Vivo instead. Oh my gawd.. it's so so so nice. SUPER nice. A lot of shops. I really like the rooftop garden thingy. I totally agree with Emma, it has the beach-y feel to it somewhat haha. I love all the artworks and art installations everywhere on the shopping mall complex. Too bad the weather hadn't returned to its finest form, and so the view cannot be enjoyed to its fullest. Nevertheless, I'm so coming back on December 2006, when the shopping mall would have been fully opened.


I ate Carl's Junior today for the first time ever. It's nice. Though eating Carl's Junior can really be a messy experience. I think we really need to shoot "How to eat Carl's Junior burger glamorously" video... and "Hot to eat Carl's Junior's Onion rings glamorously". Well, the burgers are gigantic and onion rings as well. They're quite oily as well. Very sinful. But as sinful as Mcdonald's? Hmm... maybe. But I think it's far more delicious than McD. A delightful sin? Haha.

Emma is very high today.

Ah scrap that.

Emma and Olivia are very high today.

Except that Emma is exceptionally much higher.


So in the end, I decided to go to the interview. I kinda expected that they'll ask about my sudden change of decision. At least I knew how to answer that one. The rest of the interview was okay. The interview was quite unconventional I guess haha.

You know it's a strange thing that yesterday I was reading "Memoirs of Geisha", and there's one part where Sayuri, one of the characters, said that she had always been looking for a sign for her to see a new purpose in life. Well, I guess the failed attempt of buying the ticket is that sign for me. Well, wanting to be an Arts council member is not really a purpose in life. It's just part of my life's path.


Tomorrow's Hari Raya Puasa. Indo soo nice.. the holiday surely is very long. Why is Singapore government so stingy of giving holidays? Sigh anyway, one day is better than nothing right?

Hmm.. I should rot today. Watch a movie?

Oh ya oh ya. Guess what? For The Time Traveller's Wife, the wife would be played by Rachel McAdams! Ahhhhh so happy!! I think it's a great casting choice. Now, let's wait who the time traveler will be. If you haven't read the book, well I highly recommend it to you!

3 more days to Max-imum satisfaction haha.

Later.

No comments: