Monday, October 16, 2006

Freak Accident

Haha, you know as a Manchester United fan, I was really happy to find out that two of Chelsea's goalkeepers got injured in a game, even causing John Terry, their central defender, to stand in the goal line during last few minutes of the game.



BUT......



Today I found out that Peter Cech, their first-choice keeper, which is a really really good goalkeeper, had a skull fracture.

That is really really really bad.

I'm really worried for him. I don't want his playing day to end in such a tragic manner. He's still young.. I think 24 or 25.

I never thought things like skull fracture do happen in Football. Most of the time the injuries are related to foot, or bottom part of the body.

I don't know why, but this suddenly reminds me of the accident in which Shay Given, a Newcastle goalkeeper, had his bowel torn during one of this season Premiership matches. That's already bad... but Peter's accident is so much worse.

Peter, I sincerely hope you'll get well soon.

No comments: