Sunday, April 09, 2006

Maybe Tomorrow

Today was great. In the afternoon I went to watch the Tempest with some of my ACJC friends. While doing front house duty yesterday night, I managed to catch the last half of the show. However, after watching the whole show properly today, I get more of the story. Yesterday, the story really seems like a blur. It's like, "who's that and that?" haha.

After watching the Tempest, I went home to rest for a while (and retrieved my handphone which I forgot to take to the Tempest.. haha life feels strange without handphone, especially when I needed to contect Steph Ng about something.. which you'll find out later :). And then, I went to watch Inside Man (which is reviewed below) with Steph Ng in the new Cathay. Yayyyy! At last I managed to watch something in the new building. Anyway, the building's still basically empty haha. Everywhere it says "Coming soon..." hahaha. "Coming soon Cheers", "Coming soon Ben and Jerry's Cafe (yayness!)", "Coming soon Yaka Toasts" and so on. Since it was already evening, I didn't really take a proper look at the building. It's quite nice. But it'll be so much more alive after the shops have opened.

I can't wait to slack tomorrow. I'll be having the whole day to myself. Hopefully I'll be able to watch a DVD at least tomorrow (Talented Mr. Ripley?). Oh ya, repeat telecast of Lost Season Two's first 3 episodes tomorrow. Hooray! And.. the big match between Arsenal and Man Utd tomorrow, which I think I'll tape haha.

Nite nite and later people :)
--------

Movie Review
Inside Man (7.5 stars out of 10)
First of all, I'd like to say that I'm really really glad that the censored dialogues in the movie are not as bad as how it seems to be looking at the complaint in Straits Times' Life a few days ago. What's with the suggestion that refunds should be given to those who have watched the show? Ridiculous. Anyway, I love the dialogues in this movie. I thought that this movie will be mainly actions and drama. Never expected to have a number of humourous dialogues in it haha. I didn't feel bored for 2 hours and 10 mins. There are some parts which will make you go "Ooo.." and "Aaah.." The pace of the movie was a bit draggy towards the end though. The movie's plot is really smart. A brilliant movie overall. By the way, I don't know why after watching that movie I keep thinking of Clive Owen haha. He's handsome for an old man. I'll definitely be adding him to my favourite old men's list haha. And Steph is right, his voice's kinda hot too hahaha.

No comments: