Thursday, April 13, 2006

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Hello, so no more schooling for this week with the coming Easter holiday. So happy. At last a long holiday after quite a long time. I have just got back from Church. The mass suprisingly went smoothly and pleasantly. Not too many people. Not as crowded as the Good Friday mass thankfully. And then, I had a dinner in Spize. Nasi Pattaya and Plain Roti Prata. Going to Spize really reminds me of the days that Mos, Stephanie Ng and I spent there eating dinners. Ah, those days! Oh, and then for the first time in my life, I tried Milo Dinosaur haha. I found it's like a normal milo, just that it comes in a huge mug with lots of Milo powder on the top. I wonder Milo Godzilla looks like haha. Since tomorrow is Good Friday, I will have to abstain and fast for a day. For abstainance, I'm planning to do on Chocolate (ahahahah). Hopefully I won't repeat the same mistake I made last year. Last year, I made the promise the day before Good Friday to abstain from Chocolate. And then, on Good Friday, for breakfast, I ate Koko Crunch hahahah.. forgetting that Koko Crunch is chocolate. Only when I went to the mass then I realised hahaha. Silly me. Well, as much as I'd like to abstain from Internet, I think it'll be difficult at this period of time haha.

On Sunday, since I had a day to myself, I watched the Talented Mr. Ripley (it's reviewed below). It's good, though the ending feels incomplete to me. Oh yaaaa, Jude Law is really really really handsome there hahahahah. Without any intention of seeing it in the movie, there's a scene of his bum hahahah. Anyway, bums will always be bums.

Monday evening was horrendous. I went for the Students' Council interview, and it was horrid. The questions they asked were really difficult to answer, and they kept telling me that I seemed not to know what I was getting into by joining the student council. One of the coucillor interviewers even asked me to name at least 5 events that the Councillors have organised this year (I managed to name 4 haha). And then the teacher-in-charge of Councillors even asks me about my aspiration of becoming Crew Manager in Drama. Hey, in the form they expected you to form the aspiration for the respective CCA. I can't just put Member there right haha. Anyway, she asked me whether I'd be able to cope if I ever become a Crew Manager. Hahaha... I don't think I'll be holding that job next year. I know a strong candidate for the job.. and I'm sincerely happy for that person =) Anyway, guess what's the last question? Will you quit Drama for Councillor? I was stuck and confused. At that spot, I said "Yes". But now I'm doubting whether that should be the answer. I almost broke down during the interview. The interviewers really GRILLED you with the questions... At least that was what some other candidates that went for the interview felt...

Oh my goodness, yesterday I was really blur. Emmalyne and I wanted to go to town yesterday. And so we waited for 105, 106 or 111 to come. And then I saw 105 and 111 from afar and was really excited. Since 105 was in front, we decided to board the bus. After boarding we sat and watched a bit of TV Mobile. When the bus stopped on the next stop, I saw a bus in front of our bus. It's 105. "What the heck...?" I thought, "Are we boarding the correct bus?" Because the next 105 couldn't have come that fast hahaha. And so Emmalyne went to ask the bus driver. We found out that.. the bus we were taking was.... 100 hahahahahahhahahahahah. Both of us are sooo blurrrrrr. I was really laughing hard after ths whole experience... not sure if it's of agony or amazement. Anyway, in the end we still reached Orchard haha.

I received a message from my Drama senior today asking me whether I want to join Drama Crew for SYF. I'm contemplating my choice. By going for SYF, I'll most probably be forgoing the chance to perform in Guitar Concert in July. Hahaha.. I'm confused now. At the moment, I'm leaning more towards SYF. I'll make my decision tonight before I sleep.

Oh yaa, yesterday I found out from Serene that my eyecandy join Golf hahahah. And so, Serene and him are in same CCA. I was surprised that he joined Golf. He was previously in Basketball. And, adding to my surprise, he had received prior training to Golf hahaha. LOL.

Yesterday, my Mom returned from Indonesia. Ahhh.. so happy to see her. Haven't seen her for ages. I really want to hug her hahahah. Oh ya, she had brought the guitar. And Cinemags of course and some CDs... and guess what? Batman DVD! Ahhhhh!!! So happy. Sadly, the CD 2 got stuck in my CD-ROM hahaha. It's so silly of me to think that my computer can play DVD without DVD-Rom. Anyway, I'll think of something to open the thing haha. Hopefully.

Anyway, happy Easter to those who celebrates. Have a happy weekend and bye bye.
------

Movie Review
The Talented Mr Ripley (7.0 out of 10 stars)
Superb acting from the cast overall, especially Matt Damon and Jude Law. Matt Damon's character, Tom Ripley, was a psycho and compulsive. I just hate his character haha. Jude Law's acting... was good as well. The Oscar nomination for Jude was well-deserved. Besides being extremely handsome there, there's this sense of popularity and charisma in his character. The story gets draggy towards the end though. The ending, as I've said above, is incomplete. There's just something lacking to make the story a full round circle. Anyway, great movie.


No comments: