Tuesday, April 08, 2008

200

I have been doing lots of thinking lately.. especially of things that are ongoing in my life.

Despite having volunteered for at least 3 weeks now, I still haven't really got used to the working system. I kept wondering of how I'll adress the people that I am working with after the whole festival is over. What do I call them? Former colleagues or bosses? I will most probably treasure most the memories I have working with these people, but whether or not I will really maintain close contact with them after the festival remains doubtful. I am really thankful that age discrimination is not existent in the job, but in the end I still find it hard to have good, proper conversations with the adults. It's quite interesting that surely when I'm eventually a working adult in the future, this situation will apply to the teenagers/students doing part times jobs at the office too.

This is something that I realised this week. Never, never do things for fame. If fame comes with the things you do, then so be it. But... your ultimate goal should never, never be fame.

I still haven't really forgiven my father... he called me stupid for volunteering for the film festival, saying that I get fooled by these Singaporeans to work for free. My first reaction after the convo was "What the f**k?". Because of what he said, I unintentionally put my anger on my mom when he passed back the phone. After the phonecall, don't know whether of sadness or anger, I cried like mad.... Now I see this event more as a motivation to succeed in whatever areas I'd love to work with in the future. I will SOOO prove him wrong.. and make him feel stupid in the process. Seriously if it has not been my faith, I would have lost complete respect for him long time ago. I guess he still did not realise that. He is sooo not going to treat me like my brother.

Oh well, I guess in life everything happens for some reasons.

No comments: