Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oh No It's Over :(

Yeah, the film festival ended yesterday. I don't know if I should feel happy, since I'll finally be able to relax more (for once in a period of time), or I should feel sad, because of the memories and the friends I had made in this festival. The festival has been rewarding way more than I expected it would be in the beginning of my volunteer stint. Obviously, being able to watch all of the festival movies for free is a great privilege. Meeting "Clark Kent" (again) was a great experience! (and less awkward than the previous and first meeting).

Let me recount my meetings with "Clark Kent" (hahahaha this is making me smile like xiao). The first meeting we had in the festival is sooooo weird. I ran out of staple bullets while stapling pieces of paper in the office corridor, so I went to the office to get more bullets. Just when I was about to leave the office, I was stunned to see someone standing at the office entrance. It's HIM, looking at me (with a blank look) hahahahaha. I was sooooo shocked that my brain stopped functioning and my heart stopped (really stopped). I think I kinda blushed (hahaha), but I just left the office and continue stapling (since my heart and brain cannot function properly liao hahah). That happened on the 4th day of festival (I think).

The 2nd time I meet him was the morning of jury meeting to decide Silver Screen Awards which was the 8th day of festival. I first saw Philip, the festival director, from afar as I walked towards the building. Then while he was asking me to get some drinks for the jury members, "Clark Kent" saw us and came by hahahahaha. It's interesting how my brain managed to stay functional at that time... and I even said "Hi" to him hahaha (and he said "Hi" back). That same day I was supposed to have jury lunch (with him included!), but in the end he didn't turn up since he had to prepare for interview :( Oh well, at least I met him again on the same night, in a Star TV (which is the festival sponsor) party haha. I forced the festival publicity manager to introduce me to him (which she did!), and he actually remembered me from the morning hahaha. We took picture together (hahahahaha).. but the picture came a bit blur :( Oh well.

The last time we met was during Silver Screen Awards, which was 2 nights ago. This is the funniest part... this time the festival manager introduced me to him (again) hahahahaha. Then he said, "Eh, we already got introduced to each other!" when we shook hands hahahaha. This time, I managed to talk to him moreeee (about watching 2 of his movies), but he kept teasing me that I've watched all of his shows hahaha (honestly, I've only seen 2), then I mentioned his appearance in "the Photograph" as an aqua hahahah (that one damn funny!). Then (I've got thank the publicity manager for this!), before he left the award, the fest publicity manager kinda signalled me to take picture with him (again) hahahahah... and this time around the picture come out clear! Yayyy! I have a feeling it's because of me putting that pic as a facebook profile pic which makes me still think about him hahaha.

Okay enough of "Clark Kent" already. I spent most of the volunteer stint helping out in the office (other than the first week, which is mainly errands outside the office). And.. without the funny, wonderful staff and volunteers of the film festival, the experience will certainly not be as deep and memorable. It's really amusing how they are able to keep tension off such a smaaalllll (minute) office in such weird, entertaining ways. I really do hope of keeping in touch with them :) Sigh.. after spending so much time with them over the 3 weeks, not seeing them everyday will take some times getting used to.

I'll miss Tao Huey (from the red stall). Sigh, that Tao Huey that melts in your mouth (somebody called the experience like having orgasm in your mouth ahhaah). If only one could breathe in Tao Huey. Tao Huey, Tao Huey!

Last but not least, much thank you to Nathania for the help. Without you, I wouldn't have this opportunity in first place :)

PS. the reason I blogged a lot about "Clark Kent" is because.. the moments I had with him are too funny to be forgotten :) :)

No comments: