Friday, April 25, 2008

Globalisation Has Finally Brushed Me

Everybody, please learn from this experience of mine!

This morning I called the Dell technical support to ask some questions about my problematic speaker and the decision to change window vista system to window xp system. I had been calling Dell a few times for the past few days (because I keep missing out important details of the problems), and somehow the people who picked up the phone always had thick Chinese accent of English O_O Well, today, after clarifying about the vista to xp problem, I started rambling about the speaker problem to the person. The person was double-checking the place I was staying at, and she asked near which area I do stay. When I said "Orchard Boulevard", she said, "Can you spell Orchard for me?" In my head, I went, "What the heckkk?" So after the call, the person emailed me on the vista to xp problem, and guess what I found out from the email? The person is from Dell Inc. (China). Yes, CHINA. What the heckkk... so the supporting hotline links from Singapore to China??? Suddenly I thought of the booming call centre service in India. But I think India would have better service since they have accent naturalisation. The person I talked to for Dell when I called yesterday had such a THICK chinese accent that I was asking her to repeat her sentences like 5x. My goshhh...

One other thing if you have a Dell CPU, and you need to find the service tag for technical support, please do not be misled by the diagram of the service tag shown in Dell website, which has a barcode, or by the telephone message going "the service tag can be find at the side or back of the CPU". Hellooo.. first of all, the service tag on my CPU is grey colour.. and it doesn't have barcode. I keep thinking it has barcode.. so I just looked over the grey sticker with the service tag on it O_O Secondly, the service tag is on TOP of the CPU.. not at the back or at the side. Sighhhh....

Enough of Dell rambling. Hope you'll never have to go through the Dell terrible experience.

No comments: