Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Life Isn't That Simple

Helloz. So I'm currently in Singapore, and will be heading back to Indo on Friday. I have been doing some stuff here for the past week. I have been helping out with my friend and her friend for some filming, and the last day for filming will be on Thursday. 2 days.. and I've already learnt a lot from the process (and in some ways about myself too). Can't wait to learn more things :)

I saw a movie yesterday and today. Yesterday I saw "Talk to Her", which is by the Spanish director Pedro Almodovar, and today I saw "Elephant", by the director who did Good Will Hunting, Gus Van Sant. Hmm, I must say I like the latter more, though the latter took some time for its story to unfold. "Talk to Her" is mainly about these 2 guys who each had a woman that he love that is in coma. I will not really call those women whom the guys love their partners, because well the women are not really their partners as the story unfolded. There are some beautiful, delicate scene. I kind of like the scene where one of the guys was changing one of the 2 women's clothes. The way he treated her body was really delicate. At times the story was quite a drag, but at least the ending ties every thing up and makes perfect sense. So I'll give it 7.0/10.

I watched the first half-hour of Elephant in Hong Kong... before stop watching it for some reason. So today I went to watch the whole thing, and the movie makes better sense. You must be really patient when you watched this film. I seriously think some people will find this show stupid. The story takes a lot of patience to see it unfold, and as the story progresses towards climax, you understand more what is going on. I like how some of the scenes are repeated, and the transitions from one character to another. In the end, you'll realise that this movie only revolves around a few key scenes, before we reaches the climax of the story. I really like this narrative style of the story. Well, let me just say the ending was tragic. Some beautiful shots here and there too. And oh yes, thanks to this movie, "Moonlight Sonata" is currently stuck in my head. 7.5/10 for this movie.

I'm going to catch an Indonesian show "Opera Jawa" tonight in the national museum. It won Singapore International Film Festival award earlier this year. Hopefully I'll like it :)

No comments: