Thursday, December 20, 2007

Falling Slowly...

Arghhh a tune from a little movie (as Steven Spielberg calls it) "Once" has been stuck in my head for the past few days :( :( well it's a nice tune. At least it's not as annoying as Feist's "1,2,3,4" when it's stuck in your head haha. I wonder, since Broken Social Scene will be heading to Singapore next March, if Feist will be part of the tour teehee.

Anyways, I'm so excited that Maroon 5 is coming to Singapore!! Yayyy!! So if anyone interested, please tell me asap! Thinking of getting the $185. The more the number of people going to the concert, the better! :D Never mind that all the tickets are for sitting. Why no standing? Standing more fun....

So for the past 2 weeks, my life's cycle is internet, playstation, E! entertainment, movies and more movies.. except for the last weekend where I took intensive basic photography course in Darwis Triadi School of Photography. I thought the basic photography course was quite useless... since I've known 3/4 of the things beforehand. But I found the last section, which is on basic understanding of lighting, very useful. I want to join the intermediate course!! :D So exciting!

Speaking of movies, I've watched quite a few recently. Let me try to name the movies I've seen recently.. Hot Fuzz, Once (duh!), American Beauty, Fight Club, Waitress and Superbad (not forgetting Rescue Dawn as previously mentioned). Firstly, let me say I find Superbad superbad.... I hate it! I don't find it funny. Hmm for your information, I didn't find Knocked Up that funny either. So does that mean I won't ever really like Judd Apatow's comedy? Maybe. I'm still willing to see 40-year-old Virgin though. If that's really bad, then I will never going to see Apatow's other comedies hehe. Some of the jokes are gross, and I don't find the policemen storyline interesting at all.

Hot Fuzz and Waitress are funny. Fight Club and American Beauty are thought-provoking. Once, which is sort of a modern day musical, is simple yet enjoyable. So overall, no really bad movies so far other than Superbad haha.

I watched American Beauty with its scriptbook on my hand. Well, at first, I was hoping to study the movie with its script, so that I can see how a director imagines how he will shoot the movie as he reads the script. And I want to see how actors improvised too. Turns out that the script version in the script book is likely to be already adjusted to the movie.. and so it's not in its original state :( My first reaction was what the heckkk. Talking about original scripts, the Simpsons DVD somehow includes scripts of several of its episodes in their original state. I somehow enjoy reading them.. because of some of the comments and adjustments made to the original script I was able to see how a script is developed into a feature length.

I first glimpsed American Beauty on Channel 5. Guess what? After watching the American Beauty DVD, I was really disturbed over how much Channel 5 has edited the show. There is at least one important scenes edited out in Channel 5 (there is one which may be edited out due to nudity). Oh my gosh... I'm so never going to see m18 and r21 movies in Channel 5 ever. I still feel disappointed over how Channel 5 butchered Old School lol. Maybe I'll complain if Channel 5 does the heavy censoring thing again. I mean, since they have to censor lots of things, they might as well show PG movies. There should be a lot of good PG movies around.

I'm planning to catch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind today.. I remember the last time I saw it, I felt really contented haha (maybe it's the Michel Gondry effect).

I love the new Dark Knight (aka Batman) trailer! Ahhhh. And I'm hoping to change the skin of this blog... if I have the time.

Until next time.

No comments: