Tuesday, November 20, 2007

HA HA... HA HA

So.. yesterday I finally saw Eastern Promises and Lust, Caution. Back to back! Hahaha... thankfully it wasn't a draining, mentally exhaustive experience.

So let me start with Eastern Promises, which is one of the best reviewed movies this year. I kind of had a high expectation over it... and am so glad that it succeeds in fulfilling its expectation! The pace of the movie is just right, and there are a lot of enjoyable, tense moments to enjoy in the film. I love how the movie kind of hooked me. Though the ending could have been better (longer duration for the movie), the movie still ties up okay. Something that I really really love in this movie is Viggo Mortensen's character and his acting. Superb superb. I somewhat hate and love the character haha. But there are just some scenes where I wanna hug him or something lol. Hmm, be warned that there are some scenes which are really really violent and disturbing. I have a feeling in Singapore they cut the bathroom scene, and this will really really disappoint someone lol. If there are opportunities to see the movie uncut, please do see it. This movie is going to my favourite list! 8.5/10

Psst.. Viggo has a good bod for someone in his 40s haha.

Next is Lust, Caution. It's going to close soon in Hong Kong.. and yet so many people still watching it! Anyway, the movie is good. But it could have been better. Great acting by both lead actors. I wonder sometimes how actors manage to convey so much things through their faces, without speaking much. Of course speaking of this movie, I'll have to talk the much-hyped scenes of 3 letter word. Yes I do agree that it's an integral part to the movie. Because it speaks a lot of things about the relationship between the two characters. There are passion, love between the two and also a sense of confusion and pain for the female lead. I somewhat was disappointed by the ending, but how else could they end it? At least the ending somewhat manages to portray Tony Leung's character in the movie (he can be such a sadist, menacing, cold man in the show). I'll give this show 7.0/10.

No comments: