Sunday, March 18, 2007

That's The Way It Is...

Hullo. Oh no, the terms are coming! :( It's coming fast! (It's starting tomorrow). Preparation for Terms has been quite okay surprisingly haha. Hopefully I can maximise my time for Econs and the remaining Geog preparation. I haven't really prepared for Econs...

The NUS quiz was okay haha. My school sent 3 teams, and 2 teams, including mine, didn't pass through the preliminary round (only 4 groups out of 70-ish group can make it to the final). Thankfully, one of my school teams got through haha.. and they went on to win the quiz!

Yesterday I had a very strange encounter. Okay, it's more of freaky. I was waiting for my bus in Grange Road, when this man approaches the bus stop, and sat near me. He asked, "May I know what time is it?", and I told him the time.

Then he started introducing himself, and then he started asking me question. Like my age, school... and even my relationship status O_O I was really starting to freak out by then. But I don't want to offend him by moving to another seat, since there's only two of us in the bus stop. He was saying that usually when he talked to random people, people would ignore him blah blah.. and somewhat inside me thought maybe he shouldn't ask personal questions to them. He asked me, "What bus are you taking?", and I mentioned 2 buses. Then he replied, "Oh same bus". Only later then I realised that he could only take one of the buses, because he's going to Alexandra Road. Sadly, the bus he could take came first, and I reluctantly boarded the bus. Thankfully my mind was still kind of working, and I decided to sit near the driver cubicle, for fear anything wrong would happen. And he decided to beside me. Argh. I was really sitting on the edge of my seat, cause I don't know for what apparent reason he decided to put his hand over my chair for a while, and then I think he realised my discomfort. Then he started asking me, "Are you okay?". At first I said yeah. He was quite close when he spoke to me, which really bothered me. Finally I asked him, "Are you stalking me?" He said, "No. Am I making you uncomfortable?" And I said yes. Then I asked him, "If you're not stalking me, then where do you work?" And he said, "Alexandra. I can give you my work place's telephone number..." But I refused. Finally, 1 stop before his bus stop he was like saying "hope we are now friends, and that you won't remember me." I think he meant won't forget me. By then I just wanted him to go off the bus. And he did in Alexandra Road. Oh my gawd..................... my heart was beating awkwardly throughout the whole ordeal. I think I am so not going to take that bus number for quite a long time. Thankfully I don't usually take that bus to go home or school. And, he offered to shake hand with me like several times, and so by the end of whole ordeal, I was really disgusted with my right hand and can't wait to go and wash it.

Hmm, somewhat I thought why did the encounter happen to me? Does it have some message? Somewhat thinking back, I have very very little of sympathy for the man. Is he a lonely man or something? Still he really freaks me out. It's strange how you somewhat can find sympathy amongst paranoia.

Another interesting things that I learnt from the quiz.. learn to give more to others, and never under appreciate other people's hard work. I learnt the latter from the teachers :( who did the opposite stuff. The other 2 groups doesn't seem to exist under their eyes... which is sad. There's one girl I know who actually really really want to make it through the finals. I guess both of us are kind of doomed from the start due to the circumstances.

On the last note, 300 was fantastic. It is one of the movies which I won't mind watching again! Even though it may be historically inaccurate, it is shot in such a beautiful and original manner. Well, majority of the film is shot in front of blue or green screen, with effects added after the shooting. I love the brownish tone of the movie overall...... now I know that actually red can really stand out in brown. Hmm, though the movie is about 2 hours long, I was never bored for one second. This movie is very action-packed. Oh by the way, I didn't drool over the guys' abs. I think they're too... squarish O_O Some of you may disagree. Haha anyway, I guess this is one movie where both girls and boys will enjoy. Lastly, Rodrigo Santoro (from Love Actually) looks feminine and comical hahaha. If you're watching this movie because of him, haha be prepared to be disappointed and embarrassed =D 7.5 stars out of 10.

Cheers.

No comments: