Sunday, August 19, 2007

New York

What the heck... I dreamt of going to New York last night O_O well by the end of the dream I haven't made it to New York, but was going to lol. There are some stuff in the dream which I think will never happen in real life. First of all, I asked my mom in the dream how on earth did she get a US visa. And she said that the embassy official just approved it. Hmm.. in real life, visa application will be soo much more complicated for my family than in the dream O_O long story!

You know seriously until now I still can't believe that I actually went to US (and New York!!) last month. Sometimes I just had the feeling that it was all a dream, then I realised it can't be a dream simply because of the friends I've made during the last trip (real life friends, not imaginary friends lol). There's one part in the dream which is quite amusing. Because in the dream the month before I had just gone to New York, and then I was going to New York again. So I was trying to find my New York travel guide. And found out I have THREE such guides in my house lol. In realy life I only have one (the one I got from New York hotel).

I've promised myself that eventually I'll visit New York again (and again until don't know how many times haha). There's still that feeling of unfinished business there (photo-wise, shopping-wise, sight-seeing-wise, all thanks to time shortage.. and that irritating guy). I wouldn't even mind residing there.. but I sure know that at one point I still want to go back to Jakarta and reside there eventually. It's just that feeling of.. regardless of how pathetic your hometown can be (well at least compared to Singapore), you still love your own hometown lol (regardless of the pollution and the traffic jam). I feel that during the last New York trip, I failed to capture the essence of New York in my photos (terribly!). Most of the pics are like tourist pictures haha. I guess I can be pretty adventurous, and so I tend to like capturing more of un-conventional pictures haha.

Yes I shall stop rambling about New York. Because I'll never stop rambling about it if I don't stop myself. It sure is a special city to me :)

No comments: