Friday, May 04, 2007

Gone For A While

Hellow. Sorry for the lack of updates! Life has been pretty stressful unfortunately. First it's the Batam trip thing (which is torturous to handle as the deadline approaches) and then there's some problem with my family going on (which is a sudden thing). Sometimes the pain was just unbearable that, yup, I have to shed some tears (well so far it's been 2-3 times this year) at home. I guess it's good to let go off the pain, rather than having it welling up inside you.

So let me talk of some good things now. I've finally received my paycheck for the freelance photography job I had. $300! Ka-Ching! Hahaha. So happy! It's my first paycheck. Hope many more will come in the future. And 2 weeks ago I've finally got the booklet for GYLC preparation. Now I have to apply for my visa. Wish me luck :)

I watched Phantom of the Opera two days ago, and it was quite brilliant. Except for the singing whose words you cannot decipher occasionally haha, especially 1-2 of the female leads. Other than that, brilliant. The set is amazing.... jaw-droppingly good. The costumes are well-designed and intricate as well. I must say that watching the theatre version of the play is so much more interesting and engaging than watching the movie haha. After watching Opera, I'm more motivated to go and watch Sir Ian McKellen's performance which will happen in July. Now that I got a nice view of how the theatre hall looks like, I kind of know better which seats will be good to get for the performance.

After watching Phantom of the Opera, Stephanie and I went to Glutton's Bay besides the Esplanade. Since I only ate a small Chicken Pao for dinner that night (due to time constraint), I was ravenous after the performance. So I ate Mee Soto, which is good! Seriously good, not good because of my hunger. Then I ate Kaya Fondue, which is fantastic fantastic and fantastic idea for dessert! It's very good. If you have the chance, please go and try it!

Another of my Charles and Keith sandals has retired :( That's 3 pairs of broken sandals this year, which is a record.

I passed my NAPFA today! Yay! Hmm in my school we have to get at least Silver to be considered passed. I almost got bronze, which is not good, because of Standing Broad Jump. I hate Standing Broad Jump because you feel a lot of pressure casted by the watching eyes of your friends, and because there is a high tendency of falling, which happened to me on my first attempt (I'm nursing blue black on both of my knees). Nevertheless, the main thing is that I passed! :D No more NAPFA test in my life muahaha.

I haven't watched Spiderman. But I heard it's not that good. I think I'll only watch it in 2 weeks time. Well better late than never.

Okie, that's all for now :)

P.S. I still can't believe Edward Norton is going to be Hulk. At least Liv Tyler as the love interest will be a good choice. Another thing, for Time Traveler's Wife, it's been confirmed that the couple will be played by Rachel Mcadams... and Eric Bana O_O What an awkward pairing. I never imagined Eric Bana as Henry. I have always imagined Henry as geeky sweet haha.

P.P.S. Zara's dresses and shoes are soooooooooooo adorable! Too bad I can't afford all of them. Shall wait for sale.. and shall start saving up.

No comments: