Saturday, December 06, 2008

My Head Wonders Far

Holiday is here! After the 15 weeks journey of school, I think this holiday is a really well-deserved one :) I am currently in Jakarta... and will be so for about 2-3 weeks. Before I left for Jakarta, I managed to borrow 2 scriptbooks: Little Miss Sunshine and the Truman Show, and a book on acting. I considered borrowing the scriptbook of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but decided not to, since it had only been a short time since I last saw it! Sadly, I could not find the scriptbook to Lost in Translation, or else I would have borrowed it!

My first plan to do in Indo was actually to finish taking up my business course. Sadly, I found out the ongoing round was finishing! So now I am left to spend of my days here at home... which I am not really complaining haha. I have started reading the acting book... and it has allowed me to learn more the craft of acting, which can be tedious and arduous. I do still want to act a bit here and there, but I know my acting kinda sucks in some ways haha. But still, I will try! But most importantly, learning more about acting will help me next time when I start directing movies. I think that, since actors take up most of the screen time in movies, it would be extremely important to be able to communicate with them and to motivate them to perform to the best of their ability!

This somewhat reminds me of the scriptwriting class that I want to take up. It will be happening in March 2009 in Singapore. But, yesterday when I checked the price, I realise it could be way more expensive than the 2-day film school, which is crazy! O_O The price for Singapore course had not been released, but the student price for the Manila course, when converted to Singapore Dollar, was almost S$700! Tina Fey had attended this scriptwriting course before... and had read its book before! So since this book cannot be found in the National Library, I am thinking of purchasing the book from Kinokuniya first. When I checked online yesterday, it cost only S$29! Hahaha. I guess S$29 would be a better investment for now? I am also afraid that what had been taught in the 2 day film school will contradict with what was taught in the scriptwriting course. We will see...

I had a strange dream last night. I dreamt I was helping out in a film production and Christian Bale starred in it. The film was about him and a group of soldiers fighting an annaconda lookalike O_O Then at the end of the day shoot, I met him with the production head... then the production head told me that I will have to send Christian heated unagi rice on a banana leaf for the next day production O_O I don't know why heated unagi rice on a banana leaf haha. Anyway, I recalled thinking he looks good when I was in the dream hahaha.

Until the next entry.


No comments: