Thursday, May 15, 2008

Boohaha

Hola! It's been ages since I blogged haha. I went to Hong Kong and Vietnam recently. It was the first time visiting Vietnam and I went to 2 of its cities, Hue City and Ha Long Bay. Overall, It was an interesting place to visit. I noticed that its culture kinda overlapped with China's, and it's still obvious that it shares the same political ideology as China, seeing the blatant display of Communist symbols (the hammer and sickle one) on the banners along the roads of Hue City. On some junctions, posters of Ho Chi Minh are up too. Anyway, while Hue City is more of an old, historic city, Ha Long Bay projects itself more as a tourist destination, especially with its picturesque view (which I think I had failed to appreciate fully, since I have seen a lot of such views from China. The word 'typical Chinese view' came out of my mind. Sorry!)

The cruise experience which I had to Vietnam was made really interesting by the room that my brother and I got. While my mom and dad got a room with nice balcony, my brother and I thought that we could live without a window for 4 days, so we opted for a non-windowed room. Well, we saved up about HK$6000 (about S$1000), which is a lot! Anyway, the room we got was funny, since in replacement of the window, a HUGE painting of a ship reaching the land was put up hahaa (unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of it! but my brother took one haha thank goodness). So yeah, me and my brother was perpetually within the reach of the land (even though in reality we're stuck in the mass of blue sea) and perpetually in the darkness too. A sense of time was completely lost, and 12 noon felt like 4 am! Thank goodness that the two rooms was side-by-side, so when my brother and I felt lacking of Vitamin D (aka sunlight), we would evacuate to my parents' room. Interestingly, my mom gets excited by the sunrise and sunset easily. I remembered on the 2nd day, she knocked on our door in the morning to wake us for the tour, and said, "Come to our room to see the beautiful sunrise!" What a way to start the morning! :)

So it's been almost a week here in Singapore. I'm happy that the Red Devils had retained their title! Woot. My days here had mostly been filled with meeting up friends, reading old TIME, Cinemags and Seventeen Magazines and tearing out articles from them to save and the rest to throw... and chatting up online. I watched Iron Man 3 days ago, and though it was good, it didn't meet up my expectation which I came to realise was of too high a point! Therefore, I shall start lowering my expectation on the Dark Knight (aka Batman sequel) to avoid the utter disappointment that will be inevitable if I maintain the level of expectation I had of it at this point. Check the new batman trailer and see whether you would be excited for it as well :)




Anyway, so 1 comic book hero down, 3 more to go! The Incredible Hulk, Wanted.. and Batman. It is still hard to believe that I have been waiting for the Batman sequel for 3 years O_O Impossible! I still remember my Bale craze day 3 years ago, watching his batman interviews, which in the end I came to be bored of, since he looked the same all over the place for the batman press promotion! I am extremely thankful that thus far my fascination with Mr. Bale had not ruined my O-level and A-level grades. Or else it would have been very confusing for me on whether to hate or like him. Yes, I do still rue my chance of meeting him in person last year when Batman was shooting in Hong Kong. It was a really close call! I still remember preparing for A-level, and then on the day they started shooting in Hong Kong, I automatically went to tune in to Channel 5's news (which I rarely does) and waited for Batman news... and then there he was, very handsome-looking (and clean-shaven!), in the press conference. Arghh. He was only 3 hours flight away from Singapore :(

I don't know if this is only me or what, but sometimes there are things that I just have to associate with my O level and A level preparation. Well, mostly it's not serious stuff that I remember. It's the funny, non-sensical stuff. I remembered eating Koko Crunch with milk in a mug and watching Late Night Movies at like 1 or 2 am on Channel 5. Two of the movies I remembered being played were the Truman Show and Election (the Reese Witherspoon one). Yes I didn't feel guilty eating at like 1 or 2 am. It was my early morning supper haha. For A level preparation, since it was a recent one, the cramming experience is still fresh in my mind. Nevertheless, I'll forever associate the preparation period with my Bale gagaism haha. Umph, I just realised that I didn't eat as much supper for the A-level preparation! I'd like to ask you, does a bowl of cereal make a good supper for you? Apparently not for the cruise crew. They didn't include cereal, or even milk, for supper! :(

This is turning into a long post. I shall stop here :) Thanks for reading. Hope to update soon again.

No comments: