Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sometimes

My one-week break is finally here.. and I am one day away from my birthday. The week leading up to my birthday has been a long, arduous one, with some assignments that seem never to be completed, and mid-terms which I didn't have proper time to prepare for. Not forgetting the community service project, whose section this week I had to plan and purchase items for. I thought that my week 2 (which was 5 weeks ago) was difficult enough. I was wrong! This one was much worse. Anyway I hope I do not have to experience another torturous week, though I know if another of such week appears, I will be ready to pull my sleeves up and face it.

Sometimes I think I want to do too many things in too little time. I have to learn to be more realistic. Sometimes I think I pushes myself too hard, fearing that such precious opportunities will never re-appear once they are lost. I am still not sure if such zeal is a good or bad thing. But I know when the limit comes I will have to stop. This point touches on my involvement in two things for the upcoming break, which will leave me only with a 1 1/2 full day of break? I hope I can steal times here and there. Anyway, so the first one was on Drama production by my school's broadcasting CCA I have to admit, I will never do wardrobe again. Maybe not during school time. With this week being absolutely packed, I am left with little time to meet the cast I am responsible for and talked to them about their clothes. I do not really have control over the clothes they have, and I am not really a resourceful person. So I do not know how I am going to properly handle it. I have learnt that for productions I would rather stick to doing camera work or photography stills. Full stop. No more art departments.

The second thing was the Indonesian Community's playi n DBS Auditorium next week. I am supposed to be promoting this play, but over the past 3-4 weeks, my faith on it have gone down steeply. I was at first in the documentation team, before being moved to marketing. I feel nowhere here and there. Yes my loss of faith put me into thinking. Half of me would not want be involved in the production myself, but the other half of me wants to prove others wrong. That Indonesians can do good production! But I guess I will not be able to do that alone. I will see how.. and use my intituition to guide me along.

20... I don't know I am okay with my birthday this year. Not really really excited.. but still happy. I guess being 20 does not make me feel old. I still feel young :D It still amuses me when I tell people I am 19, and people will go you're so younggg! (okay this group of people are usually.. 25-30 year olds hahaha). So I guess that is one factor. Secondly, I know for sure mentally I have lost my teenhood last year. It is at the point when my friend said, "welcome to adulthood". The timing makes perfect sense.. annd also the circumstances lol. I know I can be treated as an adult without trying hard :) It's all in the minds. Meanwhile I can still amuse people with my real age :)

Anyway, can't wait for Oscars on Monday!

No comments: