Saturday, June 09, 2007

Last Time Before I Say Goodbye..

Hello! Let me start reviewing some movies first :D

Zodiac (7.5 stars out of 10)
This movie is brilliant. It's well above my expectation. Knowing how the original case turns out, i thought that the movie would have a horrible ending. In the end, the directors pulls of the ending with a great style. I love the cinematography of this picture too. It creates a very bleak and tense atmosphere. It's a great thing that I'll be able to catch this movie once again in my flight to US. Can't wait to study it properly this time :) Oh on the last note, I thought Mark Ruffalo's acting is damn good (better than my handsome even haha). There's one scene particularly in which he successfully make me pity him haha. Jake is hot (of course, especially as the movie progresses towards the ending), but nothing beats Mark Ruffalo and Robert Downey's acting, who is able to potray casualness and seriousness at the same time in his character and makes him look endearing despite his beards and old look *cough cough to someone*. Great movie.


Shrek 3
(6.0 stars out of 10)
Another three-quel. Though this is not as bad as Pirates (maybe it's because of it's shorter duration. 2 Shrek watchings= 1 Pirates watching). Some of the jokes are funny. But there is generally a lack of funny jokes in the movie. Most of the jokes are plain, or not funny at all. The only scene which really cracks me up is related to Snow White, because it reminds me of a friend of mine who told me that she is very disturbed by Snow White's singing in the original cartoon. Haha. The story really lacks ingredient. They should have come up with a more elaborate, creative storyline! I really hope that this will be the last Shrek installment. If there is another one, I won't be watching it.


Oceans 13
(8.0 stars out of 10)
I can't stop laughing when watching this show. It is so much better than I expected (especially after watching Oceans 12, which is a total letdown). I love the Oprah joke, though I think the 2nd part of the joke is funnier. George Clooney is charming as usual. And great cast chemistry in this movie. Al Pacino's character is kind of limited. But who cares? Prior to watching this movie, I read about reviews lauding this movie's cinematography, and I certainly have to agree with that. There are some unconventional ways of shooting. I'm going to watch this movie again to study it. This is the best summer movies for 2007 so far and the best three-quel so far (we shall see if Bourne Ultimatum can beat this). Go and catch it if you haven't :)


This is my last entry before heading to Washington tomorrow. 715 am flight tomorrow morning bleh. Though it's later than the other group hahaha. I hope everything works out well, and that I'll enjoy myself in US. I'll only be back on 23 June. So yeah.

Until the next entry :) Take good care of yourself (and don't forget to study, since I won't have much opportunity to revise there). Let me warn you, if anyone said "I don't have time to study during the holiday" when the school reopens and when the person has 4 week holiday, well I don't know what I'll do haha. I've warned you.

So take good care of yourself :)

Cheers and best regards, Olivia

No comments: